• To develop sufficient trust and motivation to engage men in the process of examining their fathering
• To increase fathers’ awareness and application of child-centred fathering
• To increase fathers’ awareness of, and responsibility for, abusive and neglectful fathering and the impact of this on their children
• To rebuild trust with children and plan for the future.
Is this program for you?
Do you live in north east Melbourne, Western Melbourne or inner Gippsland?
Do you have regular contact with your child/children?
Are you worried about how your behaviour is impacting your relationship with your children?
Are you willing and able to attend a 17 week program?
Do you want to be the best dad you can be?
If you have answered yes to these questions then Caring Dads may be a good fit for you.
How does Caring Dads work?
The Caring Dads program is made up of:
• a 17-session, group-parenting intervention for fathers. Sessions happen once weekly
• systematic outreach to mothers to ensure their safety and freedom from coercion
• ongoing, collaborative case management of fathers with existing service providers and other professionals involved with fathers’ families.
I just wanted to thank you for your care and professionalism while I worked through some pretty important issues. Changes have been made and maintained, especially in my relationship with my son. I'm more consistent, and honest, and respectful. Generally speaking, I'm more mature and compassionate, having let go of the baggage of the past.
Thanks again, and good luck with the next blokes who come knocking on your door.
Caring Dads client
Interested in finding out more?
For more information about Caring Dads please complete the below form and one of our lovely Intake and Engagement team members will be in touch with you. Alternatively if you would like to speak to someone on the phone please call us on (03) 9450 0900.
If this service is not available in your area, please contact us so we can help you get in touch with the right people.