Commitment to Child Safety
Kids First are committed to maintaining a child safe environment by:
• preventing child abuse by identifying risks early and removing and reducing these risks.
• encouraging and respecting the views of children and young people who access our services.
• listening to and acting upon concerns that children or their families may raise, including concerns raised by our employees
• creating an environment and culture that provides a safe place for children and young people.
• providing cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse background, providing a safe environment for children with a disability and LGBTI children.
• always acting in the best interests of children and young people and take reasonable steps to ensure the safety and protection of children at all times.
Kids First has a zero tolerance for child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and dealt with a sense of urgency in accordance with Kids First incident and complaints handling processes.
Read our Child Safe Policy
Code of Conduct Working with Children & Young People