Dialog Box


Feedback & Complaints

"Any person may provide Kids First with feedback or make a complaint regarding any aspect of our services, programs, procedures or policy. Feedback can assist in ensuring we provide timely and appropriate support. Complaints enable us to respond to your issues of concern and before any failures in our service provision become more prevalent. "

To give general feedback or lodge a complaint, please get in touch via email.

Independent Complaints Advice
Kids First will always try and resolve any complaint as quickly and fairly as possible. We encourage any clients that have a complaint to raise it with us in the first instance. We understand though that at times a client may wish to take a complaint to an independent body. It is your right to seek independent advice and support and the following independent agencies may be able to assist.

Victorian Ombudsman
The Ombudsman can enquire into and investigate complaints made regarding the actions of a registered community service. This can include such services as residential care units, home-based care, family support and specialist services.

P: 03 9613 6222
E: [email protected]
W: www.ombudsman.vic.gov.au

Disability Services Commissioner
The Disability Services Commissioner can respond to complaints about Victorian disability services including disability services provided by the Department of Human Services.

P: 1800 677 342 (Free call from land lines)
E: [email protected]
W: www.odsc.vic.gov.au

Privacy Commissioner
Members of the public may make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner if they believe that a Victorian Government agency, a local council or an agency providing services for the State has breached their privacy.

P: 1300 666 444
E: [email protected]
W: ovic.vic.gov.au

Commission for Children and Young People
The Office of the Child Safety Commissioner does not investigate complaints concerning individual children and young people in out-of-home care. They can refer complaints to the Department of Health and Human Services and provide advice to people with concerns for the wellbeing of children and young people in Out-of-Home Care.

P: 1300 782 978
E: [email protected]
W: ccyp.vic.gov.au