Wallan East Kindergarten
Artist's render of future centre.
About the kindergarten
The Wallan East Family and Children’s Centre is a joint project between Mitchell Shire Council and the State Government Growing Suburbs Fund which assists interface councils in delivering new local infrastructure.
The Centre will feature a three and four-year-old kindergarten service. Kids First is thrilled to have been appointed by Mitchell Shire Council to manage the kindergarten, opening in 2021.
Why choose Kids First for kindergarten?
With Kids First’s experience in providing child and family services, and research that shows the effectiveness of our Early Years Education Program, you can be assured that your child will be immersed in a rich and supportive learning experience.
Our highly skilled educators work hand-in-hand with Kids First practitioners to help all children achieve their learning potential and thrive.
To be advised.
How to enrol
Three and four year old kindergarten places are managed through Mitchell Shire Council's central enrolment process. To apply, please see Mitchell Shire's website.
Please note - the Department of Education and Training provides per capita funding as a contribution towards the cost of providing a four-year-old kindergarten program. The Centre is required to charge fees to meet all additional costs incurred by the Centre in the delivery of a high-quality education and care program.
Your child may be eligible to access free 4-year-old kindergarten in any of the following circumstances:
- your child is identified by a parent, carer or legal guardian as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- your child is identified on their birth certificate as being a multiple birth (triplets or more)
- your child holds, or has a parent or guardian who holds one of the following:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- Eligible or Asylum Seeker visa
- your child is known to Child Protection or referred to Child FIRST.
- For four year olds, your child must turn 4 by April 30 in the year of attendance. If your child was born between January and April you can choose which year to enrol your child, including the year the child is eligible or the year after
- For three year olds, children must turn 3 by 30 April in the year they commence, however a parent will be required to stay with the child until they turn three years old.
Do you have any questions for us?
If you have any specific questions about Kids First's kindergarten program, please contact our Early Years Team via [email protected]