School Readiness Consultancy and Coaching packages in detail
We understand that every service is different. Kids First works with you to develop a suite of services that meet your needs and budget.
Our packages include the following training topics:
- Trauma and Attachment
- Relationships with Families
- Supporting Children and Families Experiencing Vulnerability
- Sensory Strategies for Trauma Informed Practice
Level 1 - $2750
- 2 x 2 hour training packages across the year (Trauma & Attachment pt 1 + 2)
- 4 hours consultancy - one hour to unpack each package and 2 x 1 hour sessions or 1 x 2 hour session for other questions on how to implement strategies, case studies of children/families, etc.
Level 2 - $4290
- 3 x 2 hour training packages across the year (Trauma & Attachment pt 1 + 2, Relationships with families)
- 7 hours consultancy, one hour to unpack each package and 4 hours to configure as required (suggested 1 hour per term)
Level 3 - $5500
- 3 x 2 hour training packages across the year
- 13 hours consultancy, one hour to unpack each package and 1 hour per month, or 2 hours every second month.
Build your own package!
2-hour training sessions $990 each; Consultancy $220 per hour.
Please note: For groups larger than 10 people, an additional fee of $55 per person applies.
Travel costs (if required):
- 0-100km = $220 per site visit
- 100-200km = $495 per site visit
- 200-300km = $770 per site visit
- 300+ to be discussed with Kids First (as accommodation will also likely need to be included or an online option considered instead)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.Is Kids First an accredited DET school readiness provider?
A. Kids First is an accredited Department of Education and Training School Readiness Provider. This means that funded kindergartens can select Kids First as their provider of readiness services – to build the capacity of educators and the kindergarten as a whole to support children’s social and emotional needs, using a trauma informed and relational approach, before they transition to school.
Q. How do I know my Kindergarten’s funding allocation?
A. The Department of Education (Victoria) will contact you around September to inform you of your funding allocation for the following year. Each region in Victoria has a Kindergarten Improvement Advisor who you can direct any queries to.
Q. Can I access training or consultancy for our educators online?
A. Yes! We run online options for training and consultancy via Microsoft Teams.
Q. How many staff at my Kinder need to be trained in the School Readiness?
A. Our training packages can be run for 10 people at the listed price, and more people may attend for an additional fee per person. Based on your funding allocation, you can decide how many staff members you wish to include. Consultancy is done one on one with team members, or in small groups up to 3 or 4 people.
Q. How long are the training sessions?
A. Each training package runs for approximately 2 hours.
Q.Can the training be tailored to my organisation?
A Although our training packages have pre-designed content, our consultants are happy to take questions throughout the presentation and discuss various areas of the topic in more detail. This supports your team to get the most out of your sessions and leave the session with a solid understanding of how this can be used in their daily work.
Q. My Kinder has limited funding, can I mix and match or tailor the training?
A. Yes! We are happy to discuss a training plan that suits you needs a budget. It is best to give us a call so we can help figure out a plan that will help you make the most of your funding.
Q.My Kinder receives a high level of funding, do you offer ‘boosters’ or additional training throughout the year?
A. Yes! All of our training and consultancy can be tailored to meet your budget and training needs. We can offer ongoing support throughout the year based on your needs. Call us to discus this further!
Q. What makes Kids First different from other SR providers?
A. Kids First has a number of kindergartens where we practice what we preach, everyday! We also conducted the first randomised control trial of its kind in Australia, to understand the impact of quality, trauma informed, relational pedagogy on children experiencing adversity. All of our training comes from first hand experience in the Early Years Education sector.