Ganbu Gulinj Kindergarten - now taking enrolments for 2021
An artist's impression of the Centre
About the kindergarten
Located in Macedon Parade, Wollert, the Ganbu Gulinj Community Centre will be part of a City of Whittlesea education and community precinct in Epping North. The community education precinct will be a high quality, fully integrated precinct catering for the local community across education, active recreation, social and community service needs. Ganbu Gulinj (pronounced Ganoboo Goolinj) is from the Wurundjeri Woi-Wurrung meaning "One Mob".
Kids First will proudly operate three and four-year-old kindergarten at Ganbu Gulinj, commencing in 2021.
Why choose Kids First for kindergarten?
With Kids First’s experience in providing child and family services, and research that shows the effectiveness of our Early Years Education Program, you can be assured that your child will be immersed in a rich and supportive learning experience. Our Korin Korin Child & Family Centre is rated at ‘Exceeding’ level overall in relation to the National Quality Framework for kindergartens. We look forward to delivering the same standard of education at Ganbu Gulinj.
Our highly skilled educators work hand-in-hand with Kids First practitioners to help all children achieve their learning potential and thrive.
We will operate a three and four-year-old program in 2021.
Three-year old timetable: Tuesday, 10.30am - 2.30pm (4 hours per week)
Four-year old timetable:
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 9.30am – 2.30pm (5 hours per session, total 15 hours per week)
Monday & Tuesday, 9am - 4.30pm (7.5 hours per session, total 15 hours per week)
Thursday & Friday 9am – 4.30pm (7.5 hours per session, total 15 hours per week)
How to enrol
Four year old kindergarten
Kindergarten enrolments for 4-year-old kindergarten are managed by the City of Whittlesea central enrolment service. You must apply through the council for a 4-year-old place.
Three year old kindergarten
Kids First is managing three-year old enrolment. At this stage our 3-year-old places for Ganbu Gulinj are fully subscribed for 2021.
To register for our waitlist please send an email to [email protected] with these details:
- your first and last name
- Child's first and last name
- Child's Date of Birth
Kindergarten fees for 2021
Three-year-old kindergarten is $315 per term.
Four-year-kindergarten is $425 per term.
Please note - the Department of Education and Training provides per capita funding as a contribution towards the cost of providing a four-year-old kindergarten program. The Centre is required to charge fees to meet all additional costs incurred by the Centre in the delivery of a high-quality education and care program.
Your child may be eligible to access free 4-year-old kindergarten in any of the following circumstances:
- your child is identified by a parent, carer or legal guardian as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- your child is identified on their birth certificate as being a multiple birth (triplets or more)
- your child holds, or has a parent or guardian who holds one of the following:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- Eligible or Asylum Seeker visa
- your child is known to Child Protection or referred to Child FIRST.
- For four year olds, your child must turn 4 by April 30 in the year of attendance. If your child was born between January and April you can choose which year to enrol your child, including the year the child is eligible or the year after
- For three year olds, children must turn 3 by 30 April in the year they commence, however a parent will be required to stay with the child until they turn three years old.
Do you have any questions for us?
If you have any specific questions about Kids First's kindergarten program, please contact our Early Years Manager, Di Earp via [email protected]