School Readiness Services
Kids First is offering Early Years Centres an opportunity to enhance capacity to assist all children to develop their confidence, resilience and readiness to learn. Our holistic program aims to resource children, families and educators with practical strategies using a trauma informed and relational approach.
Your centre can access Department Education & Training (DET) School Readiness funding to purchase a package from us, to suit the needs of your early years centre.
Kids First is an experienced training provider that utilises our own early years expertise and evidence base. This includes our ground-breaking early years research program for vulnerable children and families in Heidelberg West that has been applied to other universal settings.
Our flexible package is for you if you:
- are looking to support your educators to work effectively with children with an enhanced understanding of trauma and its impact on their development;
- want to support children at your service with their learning, social functioning, self-regulation, attachments etc.;
- are looking to support the families of these children identify and strengthen factors that promote children’s resilience; or
- want to embed sustainable, trauma-informed pedagogy within your service, along with coaching/mentoring and reflective practice,
Our flexible program, delivered by experienced educators and infant family mental health clinicians, can be delivered as a whole package for your centre or as individual components.
Package 1: Training for Educators
Professional development for early years educators to work effectively with children to gain an understanding of the impact of trauma on children’s development and relational pedagogy.
2-hour modules include:
- Supporting children who’ve experienced challenges in life
- Building respectful and mutual relationships with families
- Assessing vulnerability and making appropriate referrals
COST: $900/2hrs, $1200/4hrs Travel cost $1 per km I Accommodation $120 (if required)
Package 2: Organisational Sustainability
Tailored, whole of early years approach designed to assist your centre in sustainable trauma informed practice. This includes consultations to review your policies and procedures in respect to:
- Coaching/Mentoring framework
- Reflective practice and identifying professional development for your staff.
- Developing partnerships
- Relationships with families
COST: Consultation: $200/1hr I Reflective Practice: $200/1hr I Travel cost $1 per km
Package 3: Consultation Service
Infant family mental health clinicians and educators provide secondary and brief family consultations. This includes resourcing educators and families regarding assessments and referral processes for early pathways for better outcomes.
COST: $120 per hour
For more information on Kids First School Readiness Services, packages, training dates and DET funding please contact Stella;
T: 9450 0905
M: 0458 338 284