School Readiness Services
Kids First's School Readiness wrap-around program is a package of options, tailored to meet the needs of kindergarten educators and children. It is available now as part of the Victorian State Government School readiness funding menu
School readiness funding is designed to ensure all children, regardless of their background and social vulnerability, can reach their full potential and arrive at school ready to learn and thrive.
Kids First is exceptionally placed to offer a school readiness program that meets these needs and more.
When you select Kids First from the funding menu you’re accessing:
- Our expertise based on our evidence-based Early Years Education Program (EYEP) Service Model. A multi-year University of Melbourne study has found vulnerable children who have participated in our EYEP have outperformed their peers in relation to IQ, protective factors related to resilience and social-emotional development
- Our whole-of-family, ‘wrap-around’ support model that resources children, their parents and their educators to identify the underlying factors impacting educational outcomes and strengthen factors that promote resilience
- Our trauma-informed approach and highly skilled educators and connection to extensive range of Kids First practitioners.
School readiness packages
Package 1: Focus on your educators
Professional development for early years educators to work effectively with children to gain an understanding of the impact of trauma on children’s development and relational pedagogy.
Two-hour modules include:
- Supporting children who have experienced challenges in life
- Building respectful and mutual relationships with families
- Assessing vulnerability and making appropriate referrals
Cost: $900 per 2 hours, $1200 per 4 hours, Travel cost - $1 per kilometre, Accommodation (if required) - $120 per day.
Package 2: Focus on children & their families
Infant family mental health clinicians and educators provide secondary and brief family consultations. This includes resourcing educators and families regarding assessments and referral processes for early pathways for better outcomes.
Cost: $120 per hour.
Package 3: Focus on your Centre
Tailored, whole of early years approach designed to assist your Centre to understand and deliver sustainable, trauma-informed practice. This includes consultations to review your policies and procedures regarding:
- Coaching/mentoring framework
- Reflective practice and identifying professional development for your staff
- Developing partnerships
- Relationships with families
Cost: Consultation - $200 per hour, Reflective practice - $200 per hour, Travel cost - $1 per kilometre.
We'd love to hear from you. If you have questions about any of our packages please get in touch with us over the phone or email:
T: 9450 0900
E: [email protected]