Father Inclusive Practice Network
Kids First support the development of more father inclusive practice to support dads to engage the services they need from the moment they become a father until their children reach adulthood.
We host the Father Inclusive Practice Network (FIPN) meeting for professionals four times per year at our Thomastown office. This forum often has a guest speaker delivering a presentation on a topical issue faced by professionals in their daily work with children, parents and families and specifically in relation to strategies to enhance the engagement of fathers in community services and programs.
The purpose of the FIPN is also to:
- Raise the profile of father specific programs and services;
- Identify and address gaps in service delivery for fathers;
- Share information and network with other professionals;
- Explore opportunities for partnership, collaboration or co-facilitation of group programs for fathers;
- Promote father-specific programs, projects and events;
- Enhance the knowledge base of professionals working with families.
The FIPN is open to all relevant agency workers in the Northern region.
Please contact our office to be placed on our mailing list and to receive an update of our guest speaker program.
Network members unable to attend meetings will receive minutes from meetings by email.